Utility price controls in central European countries (2007-2008)
Franck Latrémolière provided a series of short advice pieces to a multilateral financial institution with investments in regulated utility companies in central and eastern European transition economies (inside and outside of the European Union) on aspects of regulatory price control reviews and the development of the regulatory regime.
This advice has covered:
- cost of capital estimation,
- expenditure/productivity trend estimation,
- the concept of regulatory capital value and its use,
- regulatory incentive schemes,
- the recovery of network losses,
- regulatory commitment, and
- regulatory consultation processes.
The details are confidential.
Reckon LLP is an economics consultancy with expertise in data analysis, economic regulation and competition law.