Management of large or complex datasets
We have the capability of processing, managing and analysing large or complex datasets.
- Import and clean-up data in most formats used in business and academic work (including archaic formats).
- Combine datasets and establish connections between data items and relational databases.
- Apply standard statistical and econometric techniques and produce statistical aggregates and econometric estimates.
- Produce graphical representations of the data to meet communications need.
- Develop custom econometric models to match the relevant issues and theories, using techniques such as maximum likelihood estimation.
We use a variety of computer tools to suit each of these tasks. Our expertise includes:
- Stata, the proprietary data management and statistics package.
- R, the open-source statistics system.
- Perl, the open-source text processing and general purpose scripting language.
- MySQL, the open-source relational database engine.
- Java, the open-source development system.
- Microsoft Access, the proprietary database package.
- Microsoft Excel, the proprietary spreadsheet package.
- Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications, the scripting system.
- C/C++, the family of programming languages.
Reckon LLP is an economics consultancy with expertise in data analysis, economic regulation and competition law.